Sleep of Death...Support

1. jknutter

jknutter Member

Just a Heads up

I think I've seen the sleep of death! Wednesday night after I installed LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6 I noticed the radio was turning itself on and off. I called Customer service they recommended doing a *228 to sync the phone with their network. I did this put the phone in my pocket and headed home from work. When I got home the phone was dead and would not start up, so I figured the batt was dead -plugged in the charger and went to bed. The next morning the phone still would not boot up so I tried a batt pull, hardbutton reset, and everything else I could find without success. I headed to the store to see what they could do. The Tech swapped the battery and the phone started up. I left the store went home and noticed the radio was again flipping on and off. I tried the *228 and this time watched the results. It linked to USCC's system, updated the phone, then booted - again it would not start up. I tried all the tricks and nothing so back to the store I went. This time they gave me a new phone, which is currently working fine. The Tech also said that Motorola has recalled their "Swap" batteries do to some sort of a problem. So I don't know if the issue is because of a bad battery (or two), the installation of LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6, using *228, or any combination of the three. So far I have reinstalled everything other than Launcher pro and the new phone is working great.

Advertisement
    :
  2. seeeejaaaay

seeeejaaaay Guest

Lol, that's hilarious!
  3. mainerunr

mainerunr Member

I dont think I would find it very funny if that happened with my new phone...
  4. seeeejaaaay

seeeejaaaay Guest

No it's funny that moto has a recall on the battery instead of the phone its self
  5. jknutter

jknutter Member

So far Electrify #2 is running perfectly!
  6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I would seriously doubt that LPP caused the death of your phone. Then again, nothing shocks me with Moto, either. Was that wrong to use "shock" in the Electrify forum?
  7. matt88si

matt88si Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You just trolled.
  8. chiefs6770

chiefs6770 New Member

I just got my Electrify about a week ago and I have experienced the SOD twice and i have not installed this app and they replaced my battery. The Photon has had this problem multiple times and as far as i know Moto has done nothing about it.
  9. sprayedGT

sprayedGT New Member

The elec is beast. Dropped mine in the toliet a week after having it and it still works like a champ.
  10. jknutter

jknutter Member

You'd think that it would get "Crappy" reception now....
  11. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

@jknutter...quite a clever response!