Sleep phone on Donut

Last Updated:

1. kallardnyc

kallardnyc Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone figure out how to sleep phone now with 1.6? Ever since the new update, the END button does nothing. How do you sleep the phone now?

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Got to "spare parts" "end button behavior" then tell it what to do.

3. kallardnyc

Nope, that function of Spare Parts does not work with 1.6

4. kabbie_mcfeely

Ok it could be just a G1 thing then. Cause it works on mine.

What does it do when you press the end button...

Once ?

Twice ?

5. kallardnyc

Now the button does nothing (except end a call) Long press still works for the phone off menu. And yes I do have the G1. I loved using Spare Parts before the update, the 'Home then Sleep' was awesome.

6. kabbie_mcfeely

Try going into settings and see what your screen timout is set for. maybe the update changed something.

You are not the only one with this problem,if it makes you feel better. There is another thread on here.

I am running Cy. Mod. v. 4.1.11.1 so I still have spare parts. I thought maybe it was something you could keep ??

7. kallardnyc

I have always had my timeout set to 'off'. Now I see I have to set it to timeout on it's own again. Damn, I drive in the car with it in it's cradle and use Bluetooth to stream music to my head deck and use Google Maps while I drive a lot, so I never let the screen timeout. That sucks.

8. scoob8000

scoob8000 Member

Go to spare parts and set end button to "sleep". It will work.

Only "Home, and then Sleep" does not seem to work. Sadly because I had gotten into a habbit of hitting end to get back to home. :/

9. kallardnyc

I had since uninstalled it. I put it back on and lo and behold, it woks. Sleep only, like you said. Thanks.

10. panchov

panchov Member

try a hard rest...im running 4.1.11.1...but a buddy of mine just got the update and that happen to him plus when he was on the internet and hit the home button it didnt do anything so he did the hard rest and then worked perfect...

11. zukgod1

zukgod1 Member

This worked for me, Have the My Touch.

Thanks for posting!!!

2 days ago I received the OTA update, after the update I could no longer hit the End button to sleep the phone. Called T Mo and went through the frustrating process of trying to explain the problem, Hard reseting AGAIN and same problem. They decided it was a hardware problem and sent me a new phone. New phone same problem, call T Mo again go through all the BS and listen to "We haven't heard of this problem before". What? I called 2 days ago with this problem.....:mad: Dipsh**s!!!
    They wanted me to Hard restart again to see if it was an app I was using causing it. Well I have prob 50+ apps on here, reinstalling take the better part of an hour not to mention reseting all my ringers and other settings..

I should have came here in the first place as I have done in the past.
    3days working with T Mo to fix problem 5 min on here and I'm smiling once again... :D