1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep widget for home screen? Anyone? Please?!!??!

Last Updated:

1. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member This Topic's Starter

I

Advertisement
  2. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if it exists because most people are happy to push the power button on the top. It does the job for me.

3. wholovesskunks

I hear you, but I have really small hands and my fingers don't reach the top when I'm holding it unless I shift it in my hand and reaching over the phone when it is in a sitting position to reach the top is just a pain for me. It's gotta be out there somewhere! :)

4. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I hope you don't eat at BK. :D:D

5. wholovesskunks

This has to be the dumbest thing ever. I HATE using the power button to put my phone in sleep. I have a widget to turn my bluetooth on/off from the screen but I HAVE to push the power button? What gives? Can someone make this? Or, if you know of this, please share!!! :) :)

6. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

the power button on my moto droid has become wonky, so i'd like to know if someone has any ideas as well

7. afoualer

afoualer Banned

I hope so

8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have you been searching for a solution to this problems guys or whining here?

I searched for 5 minutes in the Market and of course fount a solution for you:

Screen Off.

9. wholovesskunks

Szadzik, thank you. I have been looking for longer than 5 minutes. If you look at Screen Lock, it is a BRAND NEW application with less than 50 downloads. I appreciate your finding it for me as I was too inept to find it on my own. I will say this, asking a new user if all they did was "whine" rather than look is crappy. I am in the correct sub-forum to ask about apps am I not? I learn something new about my phone everyday so if other people can share their ideas and what they use, I so appreicate their help. And, that is the ONLY app you found, right? A brand new one with less than 50 downloads. Well, shucks, I can't believe I missed that......

10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I just believe that searching solves most problems that is why I rarely tell people what to do step by step, if I did this, everyone would just do what I tell them and never learn anything. If you search, do some research you learn and that is wht I want for you ;)

11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No offense, but it's well known that searching in the Android Market is some of the least fruitful searching of all time. If it's run by Google then I'm confused :confused: But really the results are often terrible unless you hit the name of the app on the nail. One thing I really wish they would change about the market.

12. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member

If you read the description to that app it says it does not immediately turn off your screen. For security reasons Android does not let applications sleep your phone.

13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Like the OP, I'm a constant on/off user so I'd like a quick widget to use. But, alas the app looks pretty useless (especially for $.99)

14. konreu

konreu Member

Hi, I am the developer of Screen Off, the application being discussed here.

15. Puffin617

Puffin617 New Member

Hi,

I'd love to buy this app but my country (South Africa) is not supported on Market. I'm forced to use Paypal alternatives...

Any ideas for getting hold of this?

16. vals4con

vals4con Well-Known Member

Hi Konreu, I just purchased your app. I've been wanting something to save wear on my power button. The fact that you posted here shows great customer service so I just had to choose yours.:)