• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SleepTimer no longer working with Froyo

anleva

May 29, 2010
It can no longer kill another program after setting the countdown timer. I used to use it every night to listen to music and then have it shut everything down.

My understanding after talking with the developer is that Froyo has removed the ability for developers to kill programs. Supposedly with root access there is workaround, but I am not rooted.

Unfortunate, it's a great app and hopefully something that will be allowed in future Android versions.

I noticed this last night/this morning as well. I decided to put Pandora on, set my sleep timer for 30 minutes and woke up at 4 am with it still playing. When I pulled up Sleep Timer, it gave me a pop up saying you needed root access and that wasn't needed with 2.1. It was a great app, hopefully the dev will fix it.

Edit: App had an update available today. Seems to be working fine. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones