• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slick new SMS app

I tried this out at the office. It was pretty difficult to text, walk, and see where you're going all at the same time lol. I normally type with the camera facing the floor but I tried it with it facing right in front of me. It made it tougher to text haha.

Also, for our Droid X's, the camera is basically where our left hand would be. You have to position it correctly so you don't block the camera.

Upvote 0
Being able to text while walking in the street without tripping over something :)/QUOTE]

...or someone. Seriously, nothing pisses me off more when I'm walking down the street and some moron budges into me because he's too busy texting/surfing on his phone rather tha nyou know...actually seeing where he's going.

Going to load this app up and try it out. Thanks OP.

Upvote 0
I would recomend not installing this...I dont have a rooted phone and maybe it was just my phone, but after I installed it and ran it and then closed it..every screen on my phone had a black square covering about 3/4ths of it. I tried ATK to kill everything but it didnt work. I managed to uninstall it and the black square was still there. I rebooted my phone and it was fixed...but that was scary enough for me to almost cry. just kidding but yeah.

Upvote 0
I would recomend not installing this...I dont have a rooted phone and maybe it was just my phone, but after I installed it and ran it and then closed it..every screen on my phone had a black square covering about 3/4ths of it. I tried ATK to kill everything but it didnt work. I managed to uninstall it and the black square was still there. I rebooted my phone and it was fixed...but that was scary enough for me to almost cry. just kidding but yeah.

That's strange. I would have to say it was just your phone. It didn't do anything abnormal on mine and I've not heard anyone else say anything about it.

You aren't missing much, it's just a novelty app that is fun to show people.

Upvote 0
Being able to text while walking in the street without tripping over something :)/QUOTE]

...or someone. Seriously, nothing pisses me off more when I'm walking down the street and some moron budges into me because he's too busy texting/surfing on his phone rather tha nyou know...actually seeing where he's going.

Going to load this app up and try it out. Thanks OP.

If you see 'em coming you need to time it so that you step, lunge and thrust your shoulder into theirs. Give 'em a good whack. Then if they say something, just say "sorry I didn't see you were busy texting. Next time I'll make sure to yield the right of way!" If they don't get the hint that you just told them that they are a moron for complaining about it, they never will.

Upvote 0

Same thing happened to mine, had to reboot inorder to get the black part to come back to life. Even when I had it installed, it wouldn't do any thing, tried to type, but nothing, so never did actually work except for putting a permanent screen saver on part of the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones