Slide Screen by Larva Labs: Home ReplacementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alexhendershott

alexhendershott Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just found this on gizmodo this morning. Slide Screen is a new home replacement app that "creates a meaningful hierarchy out of a your information."

It's really quite awesome. I went ahead and bought the pro version. I've only been using it for about 2 hours or so, but if you enjoy organized information, this is fantastic.

Link to Slide Screen website: Slide Screen by Larva Labs

Link to Gizmodo post: SlideScreen Android App Replaces Homescreen With Beautiful Information - Slidescreen - Gizmodo

FREE Version (Contains ad on bottom):

[​IMG]

YouTube Video: YouTube - Quick Look: SlideScreen by Larva Labs

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

trying this now, it is very slick, i like it.

there are limitations that are deal breakers for me, hopefully thye will be deal with in an upgrade, but it is a nice system.

3. alexhendershott

alexhendershott Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, there are a few bugs. I have Remember the Milk linked with my Google Calendar and for whatever reason, Slide Screen is having some trouble with that. Also, I hope they let the user customize some of the screen in the future. Facebook would be another amazing addition to the screen.

I am a sucker for information organization and optimization. For v.1 though, I am very impressed.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

im not seing bugs per say, but i would like to have my stock email on the email tab and not gmail, i dont use gmail, and a few other little things like that.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Something like this would probably make a great widget, but I don't like the idea of it replacing Sense.

6. Peaser

Peaser Well-Known Member

I actually really liked this! But it needs a fair amount of work to be fully integrated and customizable, but I really liked it.

7. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member

I tried this the other day. If you check out the site for the program, they have a good forum for giving the author feed back and he/she responds to a lot of them letting you know if it is something they think they may do or things they are currently working on. One of the biggest request, that they are working on is to make the app a widget. Another is to set items as read for sms, emails, news, etc.