Slide to Unlock Disabled

Last Updated:

1. BoomCackle

BoomCackle Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, just noticed this today, I have no idea how this happened and can't figure out how to change it back. When I wake my phone up by hitting the power button, the slide to unlock screen no longer shows up, I'm directly at my home screen. I didn't do this on purpose and can't figure out how to get the lock screen back, searches aren't helping either. Can someone help?

Advertisement
  2. dsmithjr

dsmithjr Member

Mine did this the other day too. I just restarted the phone and it was back to normal. I'm not sure what caused it.

3. pking

pking Well-Known Member

The lock screen is an app (just like everything else really) - it can be disabled, replaced, etc.

More than likely the app died due to some glitch or resource issue, or if you're using a task-manager you may have inadvertently killed it.

I'm not sure which process controls the lock screen - there are several 'unknown' HTC processes nobody's really sure about yet, that are always running.

4. maddmatt02

maddmatt02 Well-Known Member

when you find out what you accidentally did to get rid of it, let me know. I would like to press the button once and then be at the lock pattern screen.

5. BoomCackle

BoomCackle Member This Topic's Starter

I just restarted it and the lock screen came back. I have no idea how it happened.

Matt, don't forget that you can hit the menu button twice to bypass the lock screen.

6. maddmatt02

maddmatt02 Well-Known Member

I know, but if I only had to hit it once, its half the work. lol