"Slide to unlock" gone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Chris is C00L

Chris is C00L Member This Topic's Starter

My phone hasn't had this for the past few days whenever I wake it up. It just goes straight to the home screen. I looked through all the settings and can't find an option anywhere to turn it back on. I was thinking it was always a thing that is automatically done, but I was wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I accidentally turned it off from?

Advertisement
  2. Kindie75

Kindie75 Well-Known Member

download spare parts from the market and it has a setting to assign the end button a function. then restart your phone. it works!

3. willettw

willettw New Member

I noticed this too on two Moments. I powered off and restarted and it was back.

4. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

Over at Sprint's Moment forum someone suggested updating the PRL to fix the slide lock issue.

5. Nuge

Nuge New Member

my slider unlock has been gone for about a week now and i have checked my prl and i don't want to void my contract with sprint by downloading spare parts. i have tuned my phone on and off and i have taken the battery our for an hour. nothing... any other suggestions?

6. eldiablojefe

eldiablojefe Active Member

Downloading and using Spare Parts won't void your contract with Sprint.

7. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member

using spare parts is just an app and will not void your sprint warranty but using spare parts to assign something the end button is just ignoring the issue. You should sync everything to your computer and do a factory data reset

8. bgibb

bgibb New Member

same thing happened on my samsung moment and two other samsung moments on my family plan. it's def not an isolated case, as i've seen a lot of people with the same problems on different forums. I called sprint tech support and got some BS response of "we've never heard this happen to a phone." Factory resetted the phones with the ##786#, and what do you know...the same thing happened immediately, with the missing unlock screen and turning on by itself when you move your hand over the proximity sensor. i hope they send out an official fix for this.

9. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

This seems to have become and issue with those who did OTA update DI06 in just passing reading but you might want to double check. I haven't read all threads on it yet.

I haven't experienced this yet.

10. trailwalker

trailwalker New Member

hello there,

i think i can confirm what was said about the OTA update just recently to DI06 since i am seeing this same behavior and it is only since that update. It is always fixed when doing a reboot but that is a lot of trouble to go through when it is happening on a daily basis. i can't pin down any particular app or process of doing anything that could be causing it.

Aaron

11. Nuge

Nuge New Member

i was on the phone with Sprint for over an hour today about this issue. the sent me to a store and gave me a new phone. as soon as i finished getting all my apps back (2 hours) i got the pop up to "update." the phone was working fine. i figured that with a new phone the new update would work. BAD IDEA! the phone has more problems then before. not only is the slider to unlock screen gone. It freezes, and blacks out over and over. and the best is when i push the camera button on the side it changes the volume and then calls the last number!! i can't take pictures with the side button! the best part of this is that after i told "roger" the sprint supervisor all this he told me to go get another moment! i'm really considering moving to another cell phone company. what a freggn hassle for real!

triciabblessed likes this.
  12. cobalt

cobalt Well-Known Member

In case it helps to add one more data point, I've also started experiencing this problem only since the recent OTA update, and I haven't installed any new apps recently. A reboot does bring it back for a while.

13. kenneyd

kenneyd Active Member

My moment started doing this problem too.

Under 1.4... lots of issues and battery issues.
    1.5, phone worked pretty good, fast, good battery etc...
    2.1, sucked, back to poor battery, slow, call issues freezing....

...so then i get a pop up on my phone for a new update... i do it and regret it. now the slide to unlock disapears every 2 hours and requires a restart to come back. the phone is soooo slugish. type something in and it take 10 secs before the text shows up on the screen. I hate this phone!

14. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member

I have also lost my slider to unlock but after removing and replacing the battery it comes back. Its not every 2 hours like the other user mentioned but has happened several times since the update.