Slide to Unlock Removal?Support

Last Updated:

1. jfenton

jfenton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to get rid of / disable the darned slide to unlock screen / feature...I find it such a pain in the but to have to do that all of the time

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking you'll need root to remove it. I prefer the slide to the left or down versus the slide to the top.

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

there is an app ... i believe its called "no lock" but havent used it since evo which is ancient to me

4. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Yes it's called no lock. It's free, and I just downloaded it and it works.

I'm just worried to see if I accidentally hit buttons in my pocket and turn on the screen inadvertently. BTW, with no lock your volume rocker will turn on the phone too. So you can operate from whichever button you can reach easier.

5. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

All u hav to do is put the widget on a screen & when u stick it in ur pocket|case, jus lock it & the slider comes back; thatz what I do...

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

When my screen is off, I just slide out my keyboard. It turns the screen on and unlocks the phone at the same time. Then I can either use the keyboard or slide it back. It beats having to fumble with the power button and then unlocking.

I think I'll try the no-lock app though. The unlock screen for the Epic is pretty much pointless unless you do a pattern unlock (nobody else gets their hands on my phone so I don't care).