• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help slider lock bar

Seems a bit redundant to have a slide lock when you have a pattern lock or pin activated. I must say this "feature" is quite irritating. Especially because I went from a G1 to this phone... all I had to do before was hit the menu key twice.

So, rooting is the only way to eliminate the slide lock? Isnt it risky for the lamen to root their phone? I hate the slide lock, but have been told that if you root your phone you lose out on some features. Is this true?

Upvote 0
can this thing be disabled? i use pattern lock so i dont like the slide lock

I just found an app that disables the slide lock! Its called No Lock. All you have to do is press the main key (bottom center), and you are on your home screen. So simple. Download it asap!

The person who recommended this also recommended another program... TapTap. I havent used it yet but it seems to make the power key at the top of the device obsolete for turning your phone off, as well as having some kind of proximity sensor.... wave your hand near the phone and something happens?

Reactions: honeybrown81
Upvote 0
Seems a bit redundant to have a slide lock when you have a pattern lock or pin activated. I must say this "feature" is quite irritating. Especially because I went from a G1 to this phone... all I had to do before was hit the menu key twice.

So, rooting is the only way to eliminate the slide lock? Isnt it risky for the lamen to root their phone? I hate the slide lock, but have been told that if you root your phone you lose out on some features. Is this true?

the only "feature" you lose out on is notification of OTA's. but seeing how slow TMO is about updating their devices, considering that the MT3G-Slide is still on 2.1, but my wife's Slide and my backup Slide are both running 2.3 and I flip back and forth between 2.2.1 and 2.3 on my MT4G and the developers are working on porting 3.0 to our phones. I personally don't mind losing that "feature"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones