Slidescreen App?

Last Updated:

1. thaprofessor33

thaprofessor33 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

I tried it. It was nice looking, but I don't need that kind of message information, and I uninstalled once I realized I lose my homescreen widgets.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if this was something that occupied one of the home screens and still allowed you to go to another home screen by swiping left or right with your standard layout. IOW, screen #1 and #3 would be standard while #2 (home) would be the slide home.

4. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, it can be used as an app as well, not just a home replacement, i have not tried that yet. I agree its very off but neat at the same time.

5. sooper_droid12

By the way, this thread belongs in the Android Application forum, not the DROID forum.

6. lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am Well-Known Member

I have been in the Beta for the past month, and yes you can run it as an app instead of a stand-alone home replacement.

7. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member

Tried to use it. Nothing but force close every time I launched it. So I gave up and moved out.

8. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

i tried it and had a system slow down and a FC loop.

9. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

i like it, simple is good for me, but 75% of the time i am using exchange, when they get FB and exchange integration i will give them the $ for pro, until then i will just use it as an app.

Ideally, if they could make it a whole page widget, that would be slick.

10. sooper_droid12

Tried the free version and I didn't like it. It looks GREAT on the DROID though. The graphics are so crisp and hi-res.

11. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

I have used it for about a day and I really like it. I'm hooked on google reader, and it does a pretty good job of serving it up on the front page. I wish it was integrated with talk, but I read that is coming soon on their forums.

12. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I'm also a fan. I don't any issues with snappiness and I like the way the information is presented on the home screen. It has a very clean design and with further releases it's only going to get better with more app support.

13. JayDH

JayDH Member

I really like this app. It looks great and since I use Google Reader and Twitter, it is really useful. I stopped using it because it limited the use of the homescreens and widgets too much. I like using the power control widgets to turn WiFi on and off and this was not possible.

As mentioned above, the perfect solution would be to make this app run in one of the homescreens leaving the others accessible.

I also have some suggestions:

1. Put the entire tweet on the first page. It is only 140 characters!
    2. Facebook feed integration.
    3. Google Talk integration.
    4. Somehow include the notification bar messages in the app. The app looks awesome without the native notification bar enabled but this isn't practical because you miss app updates, Google Talk notifications, etc.