SlideScreen on the Desire

Last Updated:

1. adriaanbw

adriaanbw New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 22, 2010
    Hi all - is anyone running SlideScreen on the HTC Desire?

I quite like the Sense UI home screen but I think this thing might give me more of what I want - updates for everything without too much wasted space. Information at a glance.

I am new to Android and I guess I want to know if by installing Slide Screen, will I potentially stuff up my phone and won't be able to go back to Sense??

Is it possible I could add Slide Screen into one of the Sense home screens?

2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    You will be able to use sense again no problem. When you install slidescreen and press the home button it will ask you if you want to set a default. If you select slidescreen as teh default then pressing the home button from then on will only take you to slidescreen.

To get back to sense you can go to settings > manage applications and delete the defaults option under slidescreen. Or simply uninstall slidescreen and sense will be back as default.

Slidescreen is a replacement for the sense homescreens, so i don't think you can use it in one of the sense homescreens.
  3. wibbletron

wibbletron Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Unfortunately there isn't a way of using it as one of the Sense UI home screens.

You can always run it as an app to give it a go before deciding to swap out Sense for Slidescreen as your homescreen.

I really liked it as an app, but as a homescreen I found myself missing all my widgets and shortcuts.