Sliding Keyboard on droid suck

Last Updated:

1. fausey14

fausey14 Member This Topic's Starter

i love my droid, it is amazing but i want to find a way to keep the keyboard shut for sure, i wonder i get some double sided tape and put a piece under, and then close it, if it will keep the thing closed.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

You're probably better off trying to find a slim case that blocks the keyboard from opening. The tape might work if you put it in the right places.

3. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

I find that if I simply don't open it, it stays shut. I never use it, and it clicks shut pretty tight so I never have problems with it falling open. Do you?

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Once you have the phone for a little while you may notice that it slides open in your pocket. For mine and most others I have seen, it only slides a tiny bit, it's nowhere near loose enough to open. It doesn't even open enough to activate the screen, but you can tell it's a bit loose. Perhaps that's because I use it a lot, I don't really know.

5. fausey14

well it's not that bad right now but if it gets worse i might have to figure something out.

6. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you still have that plastic protector that is on the underside of the screen on there? If you do you should be able to see where the rails (or whatever they might be) contact the underside- just apply some sort of semi thick tape in those spots and that may help tighten up the slide. There is a thread here that discusses a more cosmetic approach, which can have the same results I think.

7. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

what about a small dab of gorilla glue or super glue? I mean, if you are sure you are NEVER going to use it. . .

Would those type of adhesive cause corrosion damage on other parts of the phone? :confused:

8. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

+1 on using a case. My keyboard would slide out about a quarter inch every so often...as soon as I put on a case, problem solved.

9. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I've thought about this, but it just sounds too permanent.

10. fausey14

can you send me a link to the thread

11. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I chose the Eris - the keyboard on the demo Droid in the store just seemed a little wonky to me.

12. DA717

DA717 Well-Known Member

buy this: Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Motorola Droid
    Skin the back of your droid or where the rail of the keyboard is. After skinning there's enough friction that would keep the droid shut and also not wobbly. It comes with 2 skins each purchase so you can also skin the phone + use the spare for what I just mentioned.

Here's a 50% off coupon code: holiday50

13. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I don't mind it, I actually prefer it most of the time.

14. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a lot of threads being started on the physical keyboard the last couple days. I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of the few people that likes it. In landscape the virtual keyboard is ok but in portrait I make a lot of mistakes.

15. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

keyboard is AWESOME. Haters keep hating but don't realize the true baller potential of the keyboard. for shnizzle