Sliding the bar to Unlock Droid has slow responseSupport

Last Updated:

1. filtercubed

filtercubed Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys just wanted to ask around here if anyone has noticed a delay in unlocking your phone when you move the bar across on the droid x? it seems like when I slide it to unlock it there is a split delay in this. This is my first droid device so may be this is normal but any insight would be nice

Advertisement
  2. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

I've noticed that as well. My Incredible didn't have any sort of lag when swyping it. I know there's a program that you can change the unlock method, but I can't recall what it was called.

you can even flat out get rid of it if you want without installing any apps.

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I know I have, but it's nothing that has really gotten to me yet. Than again, I'm coming from a Storm 1, a device that was notorious for its freezing screens and memory leaks everytime you booted the device up.

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

You can try disabling the screen lock. The option is in settings, location & security settings, and then uncheck screen lock.

That way, you can get directly to your phone by either pressing the unlock or home button.

5. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem and asked around a little earlier...other people seem to have been having it as well, sounds like something that will be addressed in the OTA.

6. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

It would be nice if it is fixed in the OTA, if not not that big of deal for me.

7. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I also noticed a very slight but ever present delay in the unlock motion. I can live with it although I hope today's OTA (which I didn't get yet) will address it.

8. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

They unlock is definitely laggy. would be nice to fix it in an update. Another thing that makes it appear laggy is the dot it must hit before it unlocks isn't at the end of the screen, so it stops while your finger continues. Not a big deal, but a quirk non the less.

9. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Agreed all the way. Same issue on (my DH's) DX. But I'm the one that set it up so I've used it a fair bit ;p

10. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I wonder if it'll be fixed with an OTA update or just when Froyo comes out.

11. tksuther

tksuther Active Member

Search for and install No Lock in the Android Market. It works great!

12. xfan

xfan Member

As Fabolous already noted: You can try disabling the screen lock. The option is in settings, location & security settings, and then uncheck screen lock. That way, you can get directly to your phone by either pressing the unlock or home button.

I was very happy when I found this on the DX. No Lock was not consistent on my Droid.

13. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

It's odd that it is so laggy to unlock. My wife's LG Ally isn't half the phone the X is, and it has no lag when unlocking. It's obviously not a big deal, but it's slightly annoying.

14. tksuther

tksuther Active Member

Cool - that option isn't available on the Incredible, but no lock works perfect!

15. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Yeah my slide was bugging me too. So i turned it off and added a security lock instead.

16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

This lag is seen on vanilla Android on my Droid before Froyo. Froyo does get rid of it.

Froyo, JIT fixes so many things....lol

17. kb22349

kb22349 New Member

the Incredible down unlock is much easier to use than the
    Droud right slide....any fix to change the direction to down
    on the X

18. audioi

audioi Well-Known Member

I LOVED my Droid until last weeks update, now my wife's. LG seems better.

19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Well, it didnt fix it for me. Seems like Moto tweaked the unlock screen, and I dont like it. They shoulda left it alone. Cuz its better on the Droid after Froyo, and it was left alone on the Droid.

I'm trying to find out now if we can put the 2.1 lock back on the X while its running Froyo.

Someone mentioned this and they were right: when a call comes in, the slide to answer is alot better. Maybe we can get that to be the unlock screen.