Slight but annoying problem with HandcentSupport

Last Updated:

1. MJCDJ1

MJCDJ1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys & girls

Hope everyone on Vodafone UK is enjoying their Froyo update.

I have been using Handcent for a while but have a slight issue with it and need help.

I recently started using the Security Lock Type feature and use the Pattern Lock feature but have notice that there is a backround picture, which i did not set, cannot change and the picture isnt even on my phone anymore cos i deleted it.

Any ideas on how to change or get rid of it all together would be cool cos its a great app!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

This may not be correct, but what about clearing the application cache from Settings>Applications>mange applications>Handcent?

Maybe get Mybackup free trial to back up your SMS first before trying cause I dont know whats in that cache (althogh I doubt sms themselves are)

3. MJCDJ1

Yeah tried that but it doesn't work. Have just tried clearing data and un-installing and re-installing Handcent as well but that didnt work.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Are there any image files in an sdcard folder that relates to handcent anywhere?

5. MJCDJ1

Have had a look with Astro but cant see any

6. MJCDJ1

Really need some help here people! Stupid picture is doing my head in. No sign of the file on my sd card but wonder if it's on my phone memory anywhere but don't know how to look. Any help would be awesome :)

7. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Do you have a live wallpaper at present?

If so, change it to a standard wallpaper that you like (plain black would be a good idea), then see if this changes in the handcent app. Then revert back to the live wallpaper and it should keep the black wallpaper in situ for handcent.