Slinbox and NFL games in the CAR-Tv outGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my car set up so I can use the TV out on my Nav screen, I used sling box to watch NFL on it this weekend and the Res was kinda crappy from the wide field shots. Any thoughts on getting better res, the Movies I play from the in car DVD are sharp as hell.

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

It's limited to RCA (analog). Not much you're going to be able to do to fix that.

3. nfotiu

nfotiu Well-Known Member

TV out on the inc is kind of crappy. It comes no where near the limitations of composite out. Main thing is the aspect ratio is all goofed up. If it sent a proper 16x9 output it would look a lot better, but that is something htc would have to update. Also, it seems to not keep up with frame rates very well.

4. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

You watch TV while you drive? scary...

5. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member

Im looking forward to doing something similar in my truck but havent gotten a slingbox yet.

I trust myself driving down the road with the tube on more than I trust these soccer moms chatting on the phone while doing 90mph with a van full of screaming brats.

6. Evil Sports

I do a 4 hour drive 1 way every summer pulling a boat:eek: and have DVDs going most of the way, I dont pay close attention, I just glance. I hope HTC fixes the TV out, its not really good enough.

7. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

I have the slingbox HD and I use it to watch soccer games on my DVD player in my car, quality is not the best but its a lot better then on my old slingbox

8. Evil Sports

Yeah I have an OG sling box, your saying I should upgrade and it will have a better pic to my phone.

9. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member

10. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

That's the funniest thing I've seen today. They can't be serious about this product...or can they? :eek:

(Update) It is a joke. Click through to the "About" page and they link to the patent for duct tape.

11. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Just got a Slingbox Solo off of Craigslist and set it up yesterday evening. Pretty straightforward. I noticed a bit of a delay between the picture and audio using the slingbox mobile app. I think it was pretty well synced via the web on my home PC. Is this an issue with the app, or is there some way to tweak the sync?

12. double

double Well-Known Member

you better hope you dont run accross my family doing some stupid sh$t like that. You only glance? WTF. Americans really are stupid.

13. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: And I suppose you're a freakin' genius. You had me up until the ignorant stereotype.

14. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member

Americans are proud to spend their hard earned dollars enjoying our favorite past time while cruising down the highway.

If your not American, your probably ugly and getting hit by a car would actually help matters...

15. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

The Image is a lot better for me, I'm really happy I changed it