• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sling / Orb for live TV?

Gambit

Aug 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hi -
I'm about 90% sure I'm going to drop Windows Mobile and upgrade to the new Hero that is coming out for Sprint next month. I'm going down my checklist of my favorite apps to see if there are Android equivalents.

I have a Slingbox, and apparently there is no Slingplayer yet for Android. I used to use Orb a long time ago on Windows Mobile before my Slingbox and was wondering if Orb works on Android/Hero. I tried searching but "Orb" is too short of a search term for the forum and Googling just lead to a lot of old articles (late 2008) asking for Orb support for the G1. I couldn't really find confirmation if Orb is working on a Hero and how the quality is specifically for streaming live TV broadcasts. I'm not that concerned with streaming other media such as music or prerecorded video.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones