Slingbox Connection ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. chisam14

chisam14 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently purchased the slingbox app for my Inc but haven't had any luck connecting. I can watch it fine from my pc. When I login and click on my slingbox it goes through the connection process and fails. Sb support said to enable port forwarding on my router but I can't see this helping any since it works fine on the pc. Please help, don't wanna be out 30 bucks

Advertisement
  2. chisam14

Anybody?

3. jasoraso

jasoraso Well-Known Member

It sounds like your PC is connected to the slingbox via a LAN (home network); and you are trying to use the Incredible to connect via internet. You need to get the slinbox to work correctly over the internet - perhaps you could troubleshoot with a laptop or a friends computer so you get the internet connection working.

That is why you need to figure out the port forwarding - to get the internet connection part working.

don't give up!!! slingbox on the Incredible is incredible!

4. chisam14

It is not a lan issue because I can watch it anywhere on any connection via my pc or any other pc, that's why the port forwarding solution didn't make sense to me.

5. dxr

dxr New Member

I also have this issue. it just started earlier this week. I have been using slingbox for years now. has always been working fine. I got slingbox for my EVO on the 2nd day it was available and has been working fine up until earlier this week. Nothing has changed. Just says internet connection has failed. But i can browse just fine on 3g/4g. what's wrong!!!1 slingbox was sooo awesome for my evo!!!

6. chisam14

I agree. I paid 30 bucks for this app to watch football on the weekends and it is useless. Wish somebody had a fix. I thought about trying to uninstall and re-install but I'm afraid I may have to pay for it again

7. dxr

dxr New Member

I found a way to fix it. for whatever reason, whenever Froyo came out i guess for the EVO, something happened to slingbox. so what i did was uninstall it completely from my phone and then download it again from the market and install it from there. i hope this helps!

cheers

8. dxr

dxr New Member

you wont' have to pay for the app again if you're signed into your google account. google knows that you've already paid for it. so when you uninstall it... and then look for it on the market, it will say, "purchased" so then you click on it and it'll let you reinstall it like normal. goodluck. FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!

9. chisam14

Thanks that fixed it. Just uninstalled then reinstalled and works great

10. andythebee

andythebee New Member

Hi Guys - Same issues here - I thought I'd cut and paste the conversation with tech support... this is what they had to say... so - it sounds to me as though once your warranty runs out... magically your slingbox no longer works - and to fix the problem you have to buy a 'service ticket' for GBP20. Very smooth operation they have at Slingbox Inc! hmmm!

[23:46] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app53.logmeinrescue.com...
    [23:46] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [00:03] Rescue Gateway connection closed.
    Reconnecting...
    [00:03] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app53.logmeinrescue.com...
    [00:03] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [00:34] Chat session established with Ferry.
    [00:34] andy blank says: hi ferry
    [00:34] Ferry says: Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Sling Media, how may I help you?
    [00:35] andy blank says: a connection failed message i'm afraid
    [00:35] andy blank says: it was ok yesterday
    [00:36] Ferry says: Your slingbox is not registered
    [00:36] Ferry says: in your slingaccount
    [00:36] andy blank says: yes it is...
    [00:37] andy blank says: that's strange
    [00:37] File transfer complete. (Size: 29168 bytes, MD5 fingerprint: F1ED25XXXXXXX)
    [00:38] Ferry says: Can you check it here?
    [00:38] Ferry says: slingaccounts.slingmedia.com
    [00:38] andy blank says: sure
    [00:38] Ferry says: Thanks,
    [00:39] andy blank says: okay done that
    [00:39] Ferry says: Let me check your account again as there was no slingbox there.
    [00:39] andy blank says: ok ty
    [00:40] Ferry says: Is this the email address of your account?andy@XXXXXXXXX
    [00:40] andy blank says: correct
    [00:40] Ferry says: But under this there is no first or last name and no slingbox at all!
    [00:41] Ferry says: And because we need to check the warranty of your box we can help much.
    [00:42] andy blank says: si logged into the slingbox acct already so not sure i understand what i need to do
    [00:42] Ferry says: I need to connect to your pc to show your account settings!
    [00:42] andy blank says: no prob
    [00:43] Remote control access is granted to Ferry.
    [00:43] Remote control started.
    [00:44] Ferry says: Can you go to the account page?
    [00:44] andy blank says: sure - where is that?
    [00:44] andy blank says: ok got it
    [00:46] Ferry says: Would you copy paste the finder id to me?
    [00:47] andy blank says:
    DB4XXXXXX-DXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXX-4XXXXXXX
    [00:47] Ferry says: thanks
    [00:48] andy blank says: yw
    [00:50] Ferry says: Well now I can see that your slingbox is 2 years and 2 months old.
    [00:50] andy blank says: ok
    [00:50] Ferry says: And according to our rules you get 90 days free tech support and 2 years hardware warranty.
    [00:51] andy blank says: oki
    [00:51] Ferry says: In your case both are expired but in you need tech support then you have to buy a support ticket.
    [00:51] andy blank says: oh dear... will this fix the problem?
    [00:52] Ferry says: If the problem is not related to the hardware it can be fixed.
    [00:52] andy blank says: right - and how much is the ticket ferry?
    [00:52] Ferry says: If there is a hardware problem with the slingbox or other devices thenof course we cant do much.
    [00:52] andy blank says: understood
    [00:53] Ferry says: For that you have to call this number and it costs 20 pounds and valid for 2 weeks time.
    [00:53] andy blank says: okay - go ahead
    [00:53] Ferry says: 020 729 40157