• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slingbox type setup? (send TV to N1 over 3G)

I have seen slingbox on other devices and it looks just fine. Hardware you really only have two choices: HD or Standard. I don't know if the HD would make a difference on such a small screen but if you use it for anything else then it would be worth the extra cost. Then you will also need the app (I think it's $20-$30) in the app market.

Like I said I have seen it on a BB and an iPhone 3GS and it looks just fine. It also seem to work fine streaming as long as you had 3G or a wifi connection. My cousin showed it to me in Ca when the box was in Ny. If you really like watching TV and want all your channels that it's probably worth it. I have been thinking about getting a slingbox myself for a while, I just don't have the extra cash for the box right now.

Upvote 0
I use slingbox on my N1 on tmobile. It's watchable even on EDGE, just needs some time to buffer. On 3G its good, but when I go into the directv guide it sometimes takes a while before it brings it up and when I hit the up or down arrow. On hsdpa its lightning fast, and I cant say I've even done it on wifi but it should be just like watching it at home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones