Sloooowww WiFi connectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. 310toLeft

310toLeft Active Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search and couldn't really find any threads with people having similar issues. I saw that people were having trouble keeping their X connected to a network, but that's not my issue.

I have a Droid Incredible and added a line to get the X figuring I'd just sell off the Inc when my X arrived. Since I got my X, I've noticed that when I am connected to a wifi network, it almost seems to crawl when I hop around from page to page.

I ran some speed tests on my internet connection, it seemed that it was my phone. So then I ran speed tests with the app in the marketplace, first on the DInc and then on X. The upload speeds were pretty close to identical, but the download speeds were consistently 300 kbps higher on the Droid Incredible.

So after running those tests, I decided to just do some side by side browsing on the X and Inc to see how big the difference was between the two. I opened up a few pages that I don't ever really visit so they weren't in my browsing history and the Incredible would again open pages 10-15 seconds quicker.

Has anyone else had these same issues? I know their was a software release shortly after the initial launch, is their another one in the pipeline?

I love the phone, it's a multimedia beast. But I don't think I want to keep one that has a busted wifi connection.

Advertisement
  2. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

I haven't had that...it runs same as my pc

3. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I've noticed that as well, I just thought it was maybe a network incompatibility issue. I have a wireless N network thats really fast on all my laptops and desktop but when my Droid X connects it does slow to a crawl. Its slower than when I'm on the 3G signal so I usually just keep wifi off. I'd love to know if anyone else is also having this issue too and see if we can come up with an explanation.

What type of Network are you using (B, G, N)?
    What type of Security are you using (WEP, WPA/WPA2)?

4. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

N here...no security tho

5. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Wifi on my X is super fast no issues here.

6. 310toLeft

I'm on a Netgear N router, with a WPA-PSK password protection.

7. 310toLeft

Weird. I reset my router, with the same configuration as posted above and now my X seems to be running as fast as my Incredible for the most part.

They are still giving different results when I use the speedtest app. Who knows.

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I just finished upgrading my wireless-N router. My DX runs awesome on the new access point (compared to 3G).

I've got the Speedtest.net app on my DX and ran a few tests:

1. Using Wireless-N (through a Cisco Aironet 1141 access point):
    Download - 3144 kbps
    Upload - 901 kbps

2. Using 3G:
    Download - 914 kbps
    Upload - 768 kbps

3. On my desktop PC
    Download - 6948 kbps
    Upload - 664 kbps