Slot Cycle Index?

Last Updated:

1. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my Eris I was able to use ##PST on my Eris to change my slot cycle index, but for my new D2 it is not working. How would I go about accessing this on the D2? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

I have never heard of what you are talking about.. Can you please explain what you are referring to? And then I would be glad to help.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The slot cycle is the length of time in seconds and partial seconds between the device's polling of the nearest tower for incoming calls.

In the Eris we were able to adjust it one way or the other by dialing a special number code in the phone dialer, then going into a menu after using six zeroes as the password.

In that menu were the choices to either make the interval longer, to save battery life, or shorter, to cause the device to have little or no delay in rings perceived by the caller.

4. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

Verizon has a number that updates the Towers.. It is *228.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

6. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to figure out via Google and using the software QPST. It was kind of confusing method to get it work at first(had the wrong drivers installed for the D2), but after that it was all pretty smooth.