Slow 4glte tethering to IOS devices

Last Updated: 2013-01-14 01:03:57
  1. SamApple

SamApple Member

I am new to this site.
    I have been struggling to resolve an issue that has been bugging me since i got my phone. I am trying to successfully tether 4g lte to my iPad at decent speeds. When i use my stock wifi tether, i get 0.14 mbps- 0.55mbps. When i use wireless tether for root users i can get about 1.0-2.5 max. When i tether my laptop, i can get up to 27 mbps. When i tether to an android tablet, i get great speeds aswell, only tried once and got 10.0. So WTF is wrong with the ipad, iphone, ipod. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi SamApple and welcome to Android Forums!

Have you run a speed test on the iPad? It would be interesting to know what that speed is. Just a thought...

Great to have you aboard :)
  3. SamApple

SamApple Member

Before, when I used stock tether app, I Would get 0.14-0.20 consistently. When I rooted and tried the wireless tether for root users i got 1.0- 2.5, much better but not what I am looking for. I tried my sisters samsung tab, and she got 7.0 when I had one bar on my phone, is this some kind o compatibility issue. This is an ipad 4th gen by the way.
  4. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello SamApple. Welcome to Android Forums. It looks like you are getting some replies in the LG Connect area... GREAT. I hope they can shed some light on your tether speeds. Thanks for joining AF. I hope you enjoy these forums.
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome aboard.

I hope we'll be able to offer some assistance to you here on AF.

Good luck. ;)