slow and steady wins the race??

Last Updated:

1. Ebattilana100

Ebattilana100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why do I feel like my nexus is slowing down, performance wise.. lately I've been noticing blank home screens ( when all you see is your wallpaper) And repeated force closing of emails... is this also happening to others.. my phone is a couple of months old, purchased in January ..

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

no not really any force closing. i have however noticed some times that the phone freezes and i have to restart it to get her going again.

3. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Maybe some caches are building up, or more apps running in background.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I had a problem with Nexusboot live wallpaper recently so changed to another one and all OK. Maybe you have a rogue app?

I also don't use a task killer as this can prematurely end running tasks and my N1 generally runs perfectly.

5. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

app cluster disaster??
    I don't have any of these problems, and my phone is 7 months old (since january). I'd try to discover if the problem is caused by a faulty app or just an excess of them running in the background

6. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

i'm not sure if my phone is slowing down or not or if i'm just getting used to the speed... I noticed a big jump in performance w/ 2.2 which i think is now starting to slow down a little... but i'm not sure.

this phone may require a wipe every now and then to keep it speedy and fresh.

my battery life decreased a bit w/ 2.2 and now it's holding steady with moderate use. I'm considering rooting so i can underclock to get some more batt life.

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I've got a few FCs here and there, buuut then I'm running an RC ROM. No drop in speed though, not really, though admittedly I do wipe cache and dalvik-cache when I update the ROM.