Slow charging

Last Updated:

1. landale

landale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed that Vibrant seems to take forever to charge? My Blackberry could charge from 70% to full in 30-45 minutes. On the Vibrant it takes at least 2 hours which is crazy. I am using the charger that came with the device but have also tried other microusb charges I have laying around and its slow with all of them.

Advertisement
  2. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

Big battery, takes longer to charge. I think this kind of Lipo battery takes something like a trickle charge too so as not to overheat it, but I could be mistaken.

3. Fathom

Fathom Member

I'm having the same issue, i ran my battery all the way down yesterday and I swear it took like 5hrs to fully charge! Is that normal? I'm coming off of an iPhone which would fully charge in like an hour.

4. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

I know this is usually the case, but my car charger charges my Vibrant up very quickly. At home via wall charger, not so much.

5. ANDROID_pepsi

ANDROID_pepsi Well-Known Member

10minutes on charger and it goes from 60% to 62%

6. landale

What model car charger? Can you see what the output rating is? The wall charger that comes with the phone has an output rating of 0.7A and I have a Blackberry one that charges at 0.8A.

7. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I have a TMobile car charger and it works lightening fast. Way better than the wall charger that I usually use. BTW after conditioning the battery a few days, it is recommended not to fully discharge the phone. So if you let it get down to about 50% and then plug it in, you won't need to have it on the charger as long. But we'll see. Maybe after conditioning the batteries will work much better. I had a slide for 2 weeks before this and the battery lasted an hour LESS than this one AFTER I had conditioned it for a few days. So I am already getting better battery life on this phone.

8. Robinelli

I was just thinking that I wonder if a different type of home charger would be faster/better than the plug in charger that came with the phone. What about those charger treys?

9. landale

Can you look and see what the output rating is on your car charger? I wonder if it is much higher then the 0.7A rating on the Samsung charger.

10. jree

jree Well-Known Member

How long did you guys condition this battery? I let it drain down twice before recharging to full. Now I just plug it in when gets below 60%

11. ANDROID_pepsi

ANDROID_pepsi Well-Known Member

phone battery at 95% at 12:30am.. woke up at 7am to find the phone dead.. when plugged into charger and powered on.. reads 18%? took over 8 hours to get a full charge yesterday as well

edit..currently at 28% after an hour charging

12. Robinelli

The charger has zero info on it. No numbers or info of any kind. Sorry about that! I don't have the packaging to look at it.

13. Robinelli

Last night was the 2nd time. I am doing it one more time tonight for a total of 3 full discharges.

14. RJA

RJA Active Member

My phone also takes a long time to charge also if I leave the phone at 25% or less at night and go to sleep when I wake up its dead