Slow chargingSupport

1. lirann

lirann Member

I have the phone since they started selling it and so far everything worked well. Yesterday charging has become very slow. I left my cell phone charged during the night and is loaded only by 40%, and the phone still continues to recharge slowly. I cleaned the USB connection, I tried to restart, I got out and put the battery, and still it continues. Why is this happening and what to do? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member

I seem to be experiencing the same issue.
  3. lirann

lirann Member

The phone has been charging for about 20 hours and is recharged only from 5% to 80%
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

In my experience it may be a bad charger. The same thing was happening to my sister's iPhone 4s. Turns out the usb charger became faultuy. Got a new one and the phone charged normally again.
    lirann likes this.
  5. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member

Also don't use the computer to charge it as it's slower. Samsungs are slow at charging usually about 3 to 4 hours for a full charge. iPhone is 1.5 hours. I love how if I forget to charge the iPhone I can plug it in and get at least 25 percent while I shower and get ready.
  6. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I bought the "capdase ultimate charging kit" which includes a charger that only takes about an hour and a half to charge to full :)

Edit: "an hour and a half" is grossly underestimated, it's actually about 3 - 3.5 hours :p
  7. lirann

lirann Member

Apparently the problem is really the charger itself. I tried another charger and now the charging fine. I'll check again tomorrow.
  8. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

this is a total let down, I have the Galaxy S2 and it only takes just a over 2 hours to charge from full from completely dead.

I may have to skip the G3 if this 3-5 hours is the charging time, the short charging time on the S2 is one of the reasons I love it so much.
  9. lirann

lirann Member

Previously i have been charged the phone from dead battery to full in only 2 hours. It did not take me three or four hours.
  10. lirann

lirann Member

i tried to charge the phone again with my charger and its still slow, i tried to charge from PC and still slow. i tried another charger (from the S2) and its works fine. so the problem is the USB cable. i will try to replace it. thanks.