Slow decline in RAM

Last Updated:

1. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rebooted the phone, openned up taskpanel, and it showed over 100mb ram on the top bar, after a couple of days,whenever I kill all apps, the total cleared ram went down slowly and now it goes to max 70mb.

What happend to the 30mb of RAM i was getting before?

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Some apps gather information and stuff as they run.
    Try killing touchinput, it seems to keep sucking more and more resources..

I can get it upto 100 MB if I try really hard and kill almost everything thats not essential. But I have a few progs running in the background so I never have it at 100MB for long.

3. Quazar

isn't it bad if I keep killing stuff like touchflo and touchinput etc?

4. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Do not kill touchflo.. Thats the home screen... Touch input is fine to kill. It will just reload when you decide to type.

5. Quazar

Killing Touchflo made the whole UI reload, so no point in killing that. Is that the only program I shouldn't kill, or are there others I should keep too?

6. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

All day yesterday I had 90-100MB free with just reguluar use. I never go through and kill a bunch of stuff to try and free up more. I use Task Manager and just kill the normal few apps that I have running throughout the day. Today, doing the same exact thing, I have 50-60MB free.

7. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Try emptying the cache of your browser and maybe albums, Facebook, Twitter etc, by going to settings> applications> manage applications.

You will find this will free up RAM.

8. aznsmith

aznsmith Well-Known Member

I thought we shouldn't worry about ram consumption because the resource manager will automatically close apps and reallocate memory based on demand and apps using memory in the background are temporarily suspended to minimize cpu usage unless, for example, it shows in the notification bar that an app is installing or playing music. i might be wrong though. should i be terminating programs too?

9. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

If an app or process suddenly requires system resources then the phone will not have enough time to react before things start to go slow. It's best to kill apps as well for battery reasons.