Slow down Navigate voice?Support

Last Updated:

1. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to slow down the 'female' voice on the Navigate app? It talks way too fast, (no reason to) and mispronounces street names.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

As I understand it, the only thing you can do is change the voice to female British in settings. Enjoy that! :) :) :D

3. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's just an option in 2.2 or if it's there on 2.1 and I haven't tried it myself, but there are some options in menu, settings, voice input & output, text to speech settings. There's a speech rate setting in there. The only thing is that it will affect your speech settings in everything... But I'd think if Maps/Nav speaks too quickly for you, everything else on the phone does as well.

I'd think that if you checked always use my settings and then set it up how you wanted, it should work. I don't believe there's any kind of speech rate setting in Maps/Nav. Like I said, I haven't had need to try it, but it seems like it should work.

4. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, that did it! I did find it under Text-to-speech settings. I had no idea, I kept looking at settings within the Nav app, didn't think there was an external settings. THANK YOU. (btw, the British accent is nice)