Slow download of apps...

1. hlangton

hlangton Member

I have just received my HTC Desire and am trying to download some apps that my friend recommended to me, but they are all stuck on 'Starting Download'... I have tried changing from wi-fi to 3G, stopping the downloads and starting them again, trying one at a time... All ideas that I have read on this forum and all haven't worked. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Have you tried clearing the market data?
  3. hlangton

hlangton Member

how do i do that?! :)
  4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

From your home screen: Settings, applications, manage applications, select the tab at the top labeled "all", scroll down until you see Market (it should be alphabetical), then select it. Finally, you should see an option to "clear data". Select it. You won't lose any apps or anything, it's really just logging you out. When you go back to the Market, you'll see the end user license agreement again, and from there you should be good to go.
  5. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Sometimes it doesn't fix even after you do a cache clean. For those times, I just cancel the download and try again. This might help you.
    And before I upgraded to 2.2.1, unmounting the sdcard(if you have any, of course) would do the trick too.

Like RyanB mentioned, choose Clear Data, but if you can see Clear Cache, do it too.
  6. hlangton

hlangton Member

right, i've tried both those and it hasn't changed anything... I keep getting a notification that 'Google Talk' authentication is required, when I turn on the phone and one when I first tried downloading an app... Could this be a problem? I have gone onto my google account and added google talk I think but it again hasn't changed...
  7. hlangton

hlangton Member

did a factory reset, initial google account has to be @gmail.com i think, now downloading fine :) thanks for all your help