• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow email notification

socialphobia

Apr 16, 2012
Having recently moved from Blackberry to Samsung/Android I'm finding a lot of small issues with Android/ICS that I never got with RIM.

As the title suggests email notification is really slow to none existant some times. I use the gmail app and I have notifications set but for some reason notification is just hopeless.

I can log into my laptop and see email that's been waiting for a good 10+ minutes and I have to physically go into the gmail app on the phone for it to notify me they they're waiting.

Is there a setting that I've not set correctly? In the gmail app Notifications and gmail sync is 'On' and if I go into settings > Accounts and Sync, all is ticked in there apart from my Samsung account (no idea what the even is) and facebook. I then go into any of the email address in question and Sync mail is ticked (I don't need to sync calendar or contacts), but what's Sync Internet and does this need to be enabled?

Sorry for all the noob questions and thanks as always in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones