Slow in the theming world?

Last Updated:

1. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No recent signs of Stu, and a lack of themes is making me sad.

I dive into the world of rooting seeing a ton of options and since I've rooted it seems to have almost died.

Boo to that.

Advertisement
  2. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

Maybe it has something to do with DroidX and D2 being out. D1 has reached it's end of life. It will not be sold retail any longer (since early Aug I believe). You can probably still find it on Amazon in a bundle deal but when their supply runs out you won't be able to get a D1 any longer (other than used). It makes sense that the modding community will follow the carrot, as it where. I'm just making conjecture here but it seems to correlate.

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I have seen a lot of themes pop up for UD8 which was just released about a week ago. And Blackdroid has been reported as saying that he is already working on UD9 for Droid1.

I really don't think that there is going to be too much slow down with the Droid1 because there is still a great deal of demand for mods. The Droid1 is still one of the most owned phones.

Kratos

4. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nothing new and exciting in the theming world though. Just the same themes ported from one rom to another.

Looking for a little bit of change involved in things :) More themes reworking Facebook and all of the little extras.

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Ok, I see what you are saying. And yes, it seems that most themes are just being ported. This is actually what I want for a theme that I found and absolutely love.

Kratos

6. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Don't take this wrong, but if you want new themes, do some research and learn how to build them yourself. That way, you can have EXACTLY the theme you want on your phone. And who knows, others might like it too.

thaDroidz likes this.
  7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

^^ THIS! ^^

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. :eek: