Slow / Laggy Scrolling and Typing in Browser w Froyo / LauncherproSupport

Last Updated:

1. levele

levele Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody else experiencing this? The lag is horrible..

Advertisement
  2. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

I'm not using Launcher, but I can attest to choppiness on my phone with Froyo itself. I've done a factory reset and I'm still noticing this, so I'm not sure what it up. What's worse, it that my phone is behaving the same way it was before the factory reset and now that I've done the reset, I've lost some really important stuff. For example, I use MYBACKUP Pro to save all my data and apps, but what they don't tell you is that you will lose the stuff inside some of those apps. I have a password keeper and yes, it saved the app, but erased every single thing I put in the app, so all of my accounts and web sites and everything I put in it-gone. Bummer.

3. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

Ok, so I did the update...and I hate it. It's so laggy compared to 2.1 wtf?? It's definitely noticeable. The snappy responsiveness I'm used to in 2.1 is no longer there. How can I go back to 2.1 without rooting?

4. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

root and go back to 2.1

5. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to go back just yet, but I agree that it's missing that certain snappiness it had before. I thought 2.2 was supposed to improve upon that.

6. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset. My phone is a TON faster on 2.2 than it was on 2.1.

7. bassdelux15

bassdelux15 Well-Known Member

my phone actually sped up with 2.2. the only lag i get is from the usual lag i get from WidgetLocker

8. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

Factory reset. As has been said already, the phone is significantly faster on 2.2.

9. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

there is so many little changes from 2.1>2.2 that a factory reset is best... start fresh with all new installs ... just remember to export your contacts to your sd card so you dont lose any numbers first

10. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

I have found that the general speed of the phone noticeably faster except within the Internet browser. It used to be much more responsive and faster when flicking around web pages. It now scrolls slower--not laggy or choppy--just slower scrolling with the same amount of finger movement. It's a bit annoying actually.

11. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

Well you guys know best. I'll try the reset. So, how is that done, and will it affect my sd card at all?

12. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Your SD card will not be effected but everything else on the phone will be. So back up your apps (or at least write them all down so you have a reference to go by when you download them), move all pictures/music/video's off your phone storage and back up your contacts.

13. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

Just be careful!!!!!!!!
    As I wrote before, you may be backing up your apps, but information you had in those apps will be gone. For example, I use NOTE EVERYTHING and man do I note everything. All of my notes were gone. And for a neurotic person like myself, I cannot stand that this stuff is gone. Also, the factory reset still didn't improve anything for me, so I feel as if I am WORSE off, because I am still a bit choppy, but without my apps info within the apps. :(

14. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

in order to back-up pictures and video that are saved on the phone, you have to transfer to your computer and then you can put them back on after the reset? There's no way to transfer it from the phone directly to the sd card?

Also, I input all my contacts when I first got the phone via Google and sync'ed it to my phone. So when I reset they will still be in Google and I just have to 're-sync'?

15. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

16. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

i am experiencing something somewhat similar. When I am on a website or forum and I try to respond to a PM or something to that extent, the lag is horrible. It takes a second for the text to appear. do you guys think that a factory reset would help?