Slow/laggy why?Support

Last Updated:

1. TransTronTra

TransTronTra Member

Hello everyone, I have a rooted Transform Ultra with CWM and has custom CT ROM.
    My problam is that sometimes its really really laggy :cool:and slow. Its so bad I had a phone call earlier and the screen didn't load up until the other party hung up so I couldn't answer it.
    I have a CPU adjuster and it isn't and the max frequencie is and never has been real low.

I understand this is an older phone, has been dropped ;)a its fair share of times. However, this is my only phone, and can't afford another one at this time.
    Any relevant help is appreciated

Thanks !!

Advertisement
  2. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I've never had that problem. Try flashing Megatron Rom instead.

http://androidforums.com/transform-...491861-megatron-6-0-4-updated-10-02-12-a.html

edit: I should probably add, or ask how long has this been happening? It could be an app you have installed running in the background causing the lag. When setup properly this is a pretty reliable, responsive phone compared to even some higher end phones I have tinkered with. Never really much lag.. So it could be the rom or an app you have installed.
  3. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

when you flashed CT, did you make sure to wipe everything in cmw? Also what mydian said, sometimes it can be an app acting up. i would figure out what you installed right before the lag and either uninstall or freeze the app(s) you think might be causing this and go from there. Its tedious and annoying but it will help you get down to the source of your lag. Another thing my be to download a cache cleaner, although its still unclear to me yet if those actually help or hurt the device.
    And if anything, a simple reboot might help if you haven't tried that yet.
  4. TransTronTra

TransTronTra Member

I've had MegaTron prior to this and didn't have any problams. The lag just recently started, and I did download a few apps around the same time also. I'll try freezing some apps, is there an app to do that with ? I don't recall how to do so. Before I flashed I wiped the same stuff I usually do before flashing roms. I've tried a reboot and sometimes it works and others it doesn't.

Thanks for your time and help! Much appreciated :)
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

The paid version of Titanium Backup will allow you to freeze apps. There might be a free app that can do it as well but I'm not sure.
  6. TransTronTra

TransTronTra Member

Cool thanks for the help ill give it a try.
  7. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

Mine was lagging. Someone mentioned checking the SD card I had 11 Gabby left on a 32gb card. After transferring a copy to a new card it worked perfectly. I gave been deleting any unused files and folders. Has been a week mow and everything is running smoothly. :)
  8. Oldhead775

Oldhead775 Active Member

Mine has been laggy since I installed Swype beta 1.4. But I can't live without it, so I'm dealing with it!