• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow loading gallery

zoole

Lurker
Sep 24, 2011
hi,i'm a newbie here.bought my sgs2 3 days ago.i just wanna know if somebody can help me with my problem.opening the gallery takes 20+ seconds of loading before showing all the files.just happened recently.if i remove the memory card,gallery loads like it always did,which is fast.i want to know how to resolve this problem.any help?

i have 400 pictures and around 35 3-15mins clips and sometimes it loads in 0.1sec and most time takes 4-5sec and every now and then takes 20+sec and dont even open

i have NO sd card just internal memory....

think its a bug with it as like i say most time its 4-5sec when i have a lot of stuff to load its ok but 20+ and then not too load its really poor....

anyone has a fix?

Upvote 0
seriously ? so why already 36ppl thanked me for help? and only 9 to you ? and compare that with amount of post you have and i... and you claim that i`m the one who is spamming/trolling.... congratulations :)
lol 36 thanked u for help?
u prolly made another account and thanked urself
from all the replies u post on my thread none is with any merit or proof

Upvote 0
buahahah yes! i have another account and i thank myself! congratulations :D only reason i cant help you is jus YOURSELF. and i`m not the only one on this forum who tried to help you but with no results... and yes this means that we are all useless and stupid and you r smartass :D oh men, i better get another coffe instead of sleep cause i see i will rather die first from laugh than go to sleep today.

Upvote 0
buahahah yes! i have another account and i thank myself! congratulations :D only reason i cant help you is jus YOURSELF. and i`m not the only one on this forum who tried to help you but with no results... and yes this means that we are all useless and stupid and you r smartass :D oh men, i better get another coffe instead of sleep cause i see i will rather die first from laugh than go to sleep today.
r u saying u post useful information to everyone else but me? that's very bad of u, get lost and go to sleep

Upvote 0
Classes only really come into the fore when you consider write speeds so if your going to do lots of hd video recording then the higher class the better.

Also such to genuine sandisk and not bargain "sandisk" cards off ebay which are almost certainly fake. These report high capacities where they are most probably only 2gb and are horrendously slow.

There is a utility you can download to test the genuine capacity of your card. Google it, download it and give it a go.

Upvote 0
Zoole
More than likely you have solved this problem or used Quickpic by now surely.

For anyone else reading this post later trying to solve their problem...

I use the Program Monitor Widget (standard on phone) to check my ram usage and close apps using way too much (ie facebook. When you close it whilst its loading, it tends to suck up ram.) When i have no apps running gallery is very quick to load.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones