Slow market issues - Anyone have a fix? (Froyo)

Last Updated:

1. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All day today my market is loading slow and will not download or update my apps. Twice i got a server error message. I have petes froyo rom. Anyone else having problems.

ps Also my temperature weather is not displaying in the clock app which is used when my phone docks at night. Also the news and sports have not been updated since yesterday. thanks

Advertisement
  2. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

using kangerade and it seems to download from the market. I think the weather app is just having issues in general. It has been working with intermittent issues with the temp showing but the sun icon is there as well as the 6 day forecast. My brother who is not rooted having the same issue.

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i have server errors today from my market as well and updating an app last night it froze downloading just the market it wouldnt go to final steps of installing i rebooted and it work but today server errors on most recent froyo beast

4. FUCCO

well thats good news (i guess) at least it is not my phone/setup. Hopefully it will fix itself soon. I cant download and apps right now

5. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I know the general consensus has been "wait a day" or "A few reboots help"... but I am curious to know if anyone has actually figured out how to get the market working like it is supposed to.

I have two droids, both have identical setups (Both Kangerade ROMs, Same kernels). One has been running the ROM since the hour Kangerade was released and the market still doesn't work, and the other the market worked fine on right from the start. There has to be something going on here.

6. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Mine won't download and install apps unless I keep the market open. sort of weird. Only had this problem in 2.2

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I think I am one of the few but I have not had any market issues on froyo. Maybe a little bit slow at times but nothing like what a lot of people are describing.

I feel like I am saying this in a lot of threads but I guess I will say it again. I am running plain FRF 57. Maybe its something in the themes/roms causing the issues

8. FUCCO

well i did a complete wipe and clean reset. Then reinstalled bb froyo. Now none of my apps will download so i am assuming there is something goin on with the market. Anyway, might as well restore it to yesterday and save some time reconfiguring everything. Anyone else having market download issues?? i am lost now

9. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member

ya my market sucks! normally i get on there everyday to browse and see whats new but now its such a pain i hate it!

10. Fadelight

Nah dude... read my post further up. Two droids, everything identical. Themes, roms, everything. One has issues, the other does not

11. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I'm not convinced cause the issue isn't consistent. Humor me an take the vending.apk from a stock frf57 zip and push it to /system/app See if that fixes it.

12. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

13. Fadelight

Didn't help at all. :( It takes about 60 seconds (sometimes longer) to load market home, then equally as long when I go to the downloads page.

14. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

:confused: Im out of ideas then :mad:

15. csoga

csoga Active Member

Market is not working for me either. Stock 2.1 OTA rom, but rooted and P3droid 1ghz. kernel is all.

It has worked fine for me until yesterday morning, when I started a Metamorph update, then went on to something else and forgot about it.

Just now, went to Market to check for other updates, and to my surprise, it said Metamorph was still "Starting download". Right now, trying to update several other apps (Root Explorer, JuiceDefender, and LauncherPro) and they are all hung at the same message.

At first (this morning), WiFi was turned off so I thought maybe the problem was with cell signal... turned on WiFi, have an "excellent" signal strength, still hung.

Market must have problems right now?

16. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

The way I know the market is screwed is by hitting application->all applications. If you see only 2 categories then the market is still trying to work itself out. It takes a mighty long time to get up and running again. I switched from Froyo to CM and still had the problem. So I'm pretty much done with flashing these ROMs.

17. matrix2004

matrix2004 Active Member

I don't usually complain but Market is hella slow and will only download then it gets stuck on installing. But i go back and the app did install. Then i'll go back and the app icon is gone but is listed under manage apps. WTF?

18. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

i installed bgill's market fix and its been working fine for me.

19. Fadelight

wut? Thats not much info to go on here. Where are the links? ;)

20. csoga

csoga Active Member

Really... I'd like to know too.

Last night around 8-ish, I tried again to update LauncherPro... same problem.

Then I decided to skip LP, started to update Apps Organizer... and it worked! yeeehaaa... and so did every other app with "update available"... lastly tried LP again and danged if it didn't work too!

The latest LP update was what I was after the whole time.

But just now, Market tells me Slacker has "update available" so I start it... that was over 5 minutes ago and still says "starting download" WTF?!?!

ETA: OK, I cancelled the Slacker update after about 10 minutes, went into Advanced Task Killer and killed a bunch of crap that starts when the phone boots, back to Market, and Slacker downloaded and installed in less than 15 seconds. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to what-all I killed. I don't use an Auto-Killer, but an occasional manual "flush the toilet" once in a while is def. worth it!

21. Fadelight

22. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

23. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I am running Kangreanade and have no issues at all.

24. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Seems to be hit or miss on the market issues. I'm wondering if it just has something do with the fact that there are 3 hundred million different versions of Android out there, and sometimes Google's servers have a hard time authenticating each user/phone. I haven't had any problems recently (2.2, Kangeradge), but my wife has issues sometimes on her rooted 2.1 Droid (JRummy's .8).

Like I said, it just seems too random.

25. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can see the flash app with this fix. I'm not signing up for another site just to download this file.