Slow MMS reception

1. Frogbone

Frogbone Well-Known Member

I have noticed that ever since I first rooted my EVO the MMS messages download very slowly.

If I remember correctly my stock phone would notify me that there is a MMS message, when I open the message app the picture would be there ready to be viewed.

Now, when I get a MMS, I get a text message that tells me the size and the expiration date of the message.
    Sometimes there is a download button but sometimes there isn't. It's random.

Then it takes up to 2 minutes or so to download the attachment even if I am on 4G and the message is only 100k in size.

Is this normal ? I'd like to have MMS automatically download and then notify me when the message is downloaded.

I think I checked all the settings but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

That's the way mine was before I rooted and have not tested it yet since I rooted about a week ago...but I will let you know...frustrating, I know. I also checked any setting I could.
    I am using GoSMS Pro..not the stock app.
  3. Frogbone

It happens with both apps, Go SMS which I use as well as with the stock app.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Well, today I had a coworker send an mms pic to me...didnt get it at all.
    Found that I had froze the stock message app in Titanium Backup..
    Unfroze it, went to stock app settings, and went to mms settings, and checked "auto retrieve" box.
    Had him send another pic and I got it.
    However, when my daughter sends a pic. with her Iphone, I get the problem you are having...waiting for what seems like forever for it to download...
    Perhaps its the iphone thing? I dunno.
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Yinz could try to update your PRL and then update your data Profile.

Then if that isn't helping, boot into your recovery and wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache. The first boot will take a while, be patient. :)
  6. Frogbone

Did that a couple times but didn't make any difference :(
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

what rom are you on?