• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow network after Android upgrade

ofnuts

Jan 14, 2012
Paris
After a week of bliss, my Neo was upgraded to 4.0.2.A.0.62 and since then the network is very slow, when it works at all. The Wifi at home is OK but as soon as I leave home, network-dependent apps get network errors or are very slow to load. Sometimes a power off/on improves things. Am I the only one to see this?

After a week of bliss, my Neo was upgraded to 4.0.2.A.0.62 and since then the network is very slow, when it works at all. The Wifi at home is OK but as soon as I leave home, network-dependent apps get network errors or are very slow to load. Sometimes a power off/on improves things. Am I the only one to see this?

Hello ofnuts. We see many reports of post-upgrade degradation of performance in Android devices. One of the remedies is to go ahead and clear cache in the recovery menu (via your device's button combination) or, not knowing if you have a recovery menu, to do it manually via the application manager for each app and widget.

Sometimes a reboot helps, as does a live battery pull, and often we see the users advising to do a factory data reset, which is chancy with some phones because it could put it back to pre-update condition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones