• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Slow responsiveness when hanging up a call

alexhager

Jan 10, 2012
First of all: I seem to have posted this question in a wrong subforum by mistake. Could someone (moderator) please move my question to the appropriate forum? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have had the Galaxy Ace for a few days now and overall, I'm very happy. I am not using a custom rom - I don't know if it'd be really that much of a difference, but I'd rather not risk my warrant.

There's just a few things that I find disturbing:

- battery life: it's been discussed in the forum already, but battery life is rather poor. I'll buy myself a 1600 polymer battery soon, hopefully it will be significantly better than the actual one (1350 mAh, if so much at all).

- the phone is freezing or lagging from time to time, I had to reboot it a few times already

- GPS fix seems relatively slow to me, but maybe sky was too covered when I tried.

- Sometimes, responsiveness when ending a call is very poor: When hanging up a call, it sometimes takes the phone 5-10 seconds to respond (it hangs up pretty quickly, but it won't show the home screen for a little while). After a reboot, it responds much faster.
Note: I had cleared RAM several times since the last reboot, could this cause some process related with calling or hanging up to be laggy or closed?

Have some of you encountered similar problems so far - that the phone responds slowly when hanging up? If so, what can be done to prevent this?

Am I guessing right that a better (and more expensive) phone such as the SGSII would perform better? As I can still return the phone, I might even consider this option if it would mean that the most basic feature (calling) would work more smoothly.

I'd be happy if others could share their experience on that topic with me, as I'm an Android newby.

Thanks,

Alexander.

I have had this same exact problem and still it persists.

I had reset my Galaxy ACE to factory default couple of mnths earlier because of this problem and which indeed seemed to work.

However, now back to square one ! same issue with no resolution.

As mentioned above, reboot works for couple of calls, not more than that.

Samsung sucks !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones