Slow Start up?Support

Last Updated:

1. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone runs fine - Ill just put that out there. However, whenever i boot, its super slow for the first minute or so. I have launcher pro, and when i try to switch screens, it will do nothing. then itll come up with a force close. ill hit wait and 30 seconds later, everything starts moving along.
    It looks like I have a lot of running services. Skype, ebay, paypal, stuff i dont really think i need to have running - and im sure they're all probably starting at boot and slowing things down. Other than removing these items, is there anyway to keep them all from loading at start up?
    i dont need my ebay messages THAT badly, nor paypal. I dont run skype much, except when i need it since it SUCKS battery like nothing else ive seen.

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

3. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm interesting. I am also beginning to think that its the weatherbug location app thats slowing it down. ill try both, until WB decides to fix their "only update location with screen unlock" policy.

4. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure this is just normal startup for the phone...mine does the same thing, after about a minute its running just fine...

if you have all 7 homescreen with widgets and apps on them, then thats alot of processes for the OS to start up...i don't think i've ever seen a computer or phone run fast and smooth immediately after a reboot...

at least its not like waiting the 5-10minutes for my bb storm to start up...that was the most annoying thing in the world, added on top of the fact i had to reboot once or twice a day...for me now with the Dx its maybe once a week at most...