slow text messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have serious issues with test messaging taking forever to pull up and also to send the messages? This is starting to really bother me. I txt a lot during the day and it is taking longer and longer for the txt to send through and obviously the problem of clicking on a message list and another message list coming up.

I am just getting really frustrated with the txt messaging on this phone. Handcent doesn't seem to help either, still have slow/lag on that application.

Any tips or tricks to speed up the txt app?

2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Did you try clearing the data via settings > manage applications?
  3. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

How many messages do you have? Keep your threads under 250 should help if you already dont do that.
  4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

^ This!

I had a serious lag problem when I hit around 10,000 messages. Now I keep the conversations set to trim at 500.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

all great suggestions.

also, are you having any other possible network related issues? slow internet, unable to view facebook or market content?

do you experience the issue on wifi 4g and 3g?

have you updated your data profile and prl?
  6. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

The only problem with that is I like to have all of my conversations. I like to be able to go back and look at older information so I don't have to ask repeat questions. or if I need to find the date something happened on. limiting the convos is not an option for me.

is that the reason for the lag?
  7. ScorpDX

I do too, that's why I had them all saved! There is several backup apps available on the market that will save them to the sd card or a gmail account or other ways as well.

The memory gets full. There's only so much room...
    maw4bc likes this.
  8. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help!
  9. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

what is the quickest way to delete all my txt messages at once? it is ridiculously slow to do it one at a time.
  10. ScorpDX

KWAutoSMS Delete - Free - Android app on AppBrain

That's the one I used. It takes a LONG time. Like all night and still not done! I think mine ran for about 16 hours to delete everything up to 14 days old. For some stupid reason the progress bar works backwards also. It'll go from 100-99-98-----3-2-1-0 and then be done.
  11. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

It is so frustrating that it takes so long to delete messages. It is pretty pathetic actually.
  12. ScorpDX

I agree. Not really sure why it does that. I tried a few different apps and pretty much the same results. Weird since you can wipe/restore a phone in a matter of minutes, yet takes nearly a full day to delete a text message storage file(s)?
  13. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

So many little things about this phone that drive me insane. ie. cant paste a number into dial pad. ridiculous.
  14. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

I was actually lucky enough to have all of my txt messages completely dissappear out of no where! Thank god cause I was really frustrated with how slow the phone was due to the txt messages. Now I keep the messages deleted and phone runs much smoother. It is still really frustrating how long it would take to delete a massive amount of txt.
  15. HTCevoUser

HTCevoUser New Member

I think the problem may be due to a conflict with the mobile hotspot feature. Please try turning it off and see what happens with your texts. Then post your results. Thanks.