1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Slow transfer rate from pc

1. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

I'm using the usb cable, and am just getting around 3 MBps for large files. It takes too long to copy movies over.
    Is it because of the phone or because of the class of card I have (class 2)?
    What speeds are you getting? Should I get a new fast card?

Advertisement
  2. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Member

Hello g4rvd4, ive just converted the movie AVATAR to mpg4 format which made the file size 'after conversion' 222mb.

And i used the usb cable to transfer the movie onto my desire, i got the following transfer rate ( 3.85mb/second ). The transfer took exactly 1minute 15seconds.

The sd card in my phone is the 1 it came with 'whatever class that may be',
  3. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

it is probably the sdcard, as a class 2 has a minimum write speed of 2mbps (but, can be higher) and a class 6 of 6mbps. There is a striking difference between them, and i would not go lower than a class6 nowadays
  4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

also, make sure that you are using a USB2 port and not an old USB1 (some pcs still have them and they are only a tenth of the speed of USB2).
  5. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is not the case, my lappy is very high end. :) I'm getting fast rates with my pendrives...
  6. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

get a class6 card, you can find quality 8gb class6 cards for about GBP12 online but, be careful with ebay as there are many 'fakes' going around that say 16gb and are 16mb:eek:
  7. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

try another/different cable
  8. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Can you tell me what transfer rates you are getting, guys?
  9. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

I've got the stock card in and I've just tested copying a 112Mb ISO onto my SD card in about 15 -20 seconds. So I make that between 6-7.5 Mbps.

Thats was with a fairly crappy cable from fleabay that cos about
  10. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

I am getting about 4.5mb on my 16G, not sure on the class I thought it was either 2 or 4. Not that bothered I don't transfer large stuff often enough.
  11. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Thanks.. I think I'll buy a 16 gig class 6.. :)