Slow USB Charging on Samsung SIII LTESupport

1. AndroidJeff

AndroidJeff New Member

My new Samsung S3 LTE phone seems only to be able to charge at 96mA through my Win7 PC. Kies/PcConnector all installed.
    Cable I'm using is a generic USB to micro-USB cable. As shown below, the Samsung phone charges at 96mA. The same cable connected to the same USB port (a powered USB hub) is able to charge my Blackberry at 500mA.
    Battery=18%.
    Note: View the elec current by finding the relevant USB hub in the Device Manager and viewing Properties.

I don't have my original Samsung charging cable so not able to test whether that could be the cause... could it? The Blackberry experiment seems to rule that out.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Samsung Charging
    http://androidforums.com/members/androidjeff-albums-screenshots-picture7288-samsung96amps.jpg

Blackberry Charging
    http://androidforums.com/members/androidjeff-albums-screenshots-picture7289-blackberry500ma.jpg
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its likely the cable. I also experience slow charging on my Galaxy S if I'm using a generic cable.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2
    AndroidJeff likes this.
  3. AndroidJeff

AndroidJeff New Member

Thanks. Can I ask what characteristic of the USB cable is different? (USB 3.0 vs 2.0, for example?) Otherwise I might go to the computer store and see if they know. Will be easier and cheaper to buy the RIGHT generic if there is such a thing.
  4. bo1953

bo1953 Member

I, too, have the same challenge with charging. I use the OEM which came with S3. Sometimes it takes six hours to go from 50% to 90%. Maybe it is the meter? But I do know it charges down quickly too....
  5. VincentLui98

VincentLui98 Guest

Apparently this is normal. I spoke with someone about this topic as well. They said that because the USB is the second priority charger, it's slower (apparently).
  6. adnilem

adnilem Member

Yep mine is super slow on usb too :-(
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Phone manfacturers branded chargers are mostly coded (with their USB port) to force their phones for rapid charging with more current than on USB ports of PCs.

If they have the same coding (mostly jumped data pins) ... a BB charger will rapidly charge a Samsung phone :)

Connect your Galaxy to a HTC charger and you'll have the same rapid charging.

Harry