1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

slowness

1. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Well-Known Member

hi i have had my hero for about 5 months now and love it but recently it has got really laggy and slow.what are the things that make it slow.im nearly fuul on phone storage with my apps,i must have about 1500 sms messages recieved through chomp and they are also on my hero standard message app.i am nearly full on my 2gb card do all these contribute to slowness,cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised its running slow.
    Do you need to keep all of the sms messages?.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You definitely need to get rid of all those text messages, I've heard quite a few people here saying thousands of texts slowed things down a bit. (There are apps to back them up though if you want to keep them).

Freeing up a bit of internal memory probably wouldn't hurt either.
  4. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

I have thousands of texts, nothing to do with that. When I had the same problem, I found it to be Locale that was slowing my phone down, which is unfortunate since it's an amazing app.
  5. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I have 1000s of texts, and no slow downs. Its probably a bad app that you need to uninstall.
  6. james

james Well-Known Member

I have thousands of texts, slows down my phone a bit, but mainly just the messaging app. No effective way of deleting them at the moment though..