Sluggish DownloadsSupport

Last Updated:

1. furman82

furman82 Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using AppBrain to interface with the Android Market and I have been running into an issue where I try to install a couple of apps, it says it's starting download, but then nothing happens. I even turned on and off my 3G a few times, with no luck. This has happened once before. Is there something wrong or is this a case where the Android Market is a POS?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Most likely AppBrain. The only issue I've ever had is where it says it's downloading, then doesn't update again until installing (progress bar doesn't move) which isn't a big deal..

3. RandomBehavior

RandomBehavior Active Member

Running solely through the Market app I can only speak highly of nothing but great speeds for downloads, both WiFi and via wireless network.
    I know that's not a very insightful reply but just wanted you to at least know how it's performing for me to date.

4. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

when you click "install" on appbrain, do you go over to your phone and open appbrain and click "sync with appbrain" and then "perform installs"?

5. furman82

furman82 Member This Topic's Starter

Yes. Then I end up on a screen where it shows empty progress bars for the apps I tried to download.

I just went into the Android Market and tried to download one of the programs independently from AppBrain. Still didn't work. Must be a hiccup from the Market... oh well.