• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sluggish response

Hi. I'm getting quite irritated with my Galaxy W being sluggish sometimes. For example, when pressing the home key from an application, it takes a long time for the home screen and icons/widgets to appear. Still running stock ROM, here are the storage stats:

system storage: 415MB/1.07GB
usb storage: 490MB/1.70GB
sd card: 4.38GB/7.20GB

I've already transferred most apps to SD card, and I don't think my device memory is that full. Maybe you can suggest something to improve my device's performance. Thanks in advance! :)

Might also be aggressive power saving mode adjustments. I tend to turn them mostly off and recharge once a day, it's easier to recharge than live with a sluggish phone.

If there are a lot of apps it will bog down easier too. I tend to regularly assess apps for ones I don't use then uninstall. Keep it running less resource heavy. No large memory footprint games etc. I also sripped out a lot of bloatware that came in it from Samsung (rooted phone). Widgets bog it down, especially if they are live, also live wallpaper.
I think one problem for me is too many email accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones