• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SM-G900P] Find a -link- to what you need here

Also the NE5 1.1 version of MOAR works just fine as far as I'm aware. Haven't tested LTE or MMS as It's not available in home. But when I go out I will check it.

Also VanirAOSP works. HAven't tested a whole lot of it as I just Downloaded it but for got GAPPS... Testing MOAR 1.1 first then will test VANIR moar.

[ROM] VanirAOSP[unofficial] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast. - XDA Forum

Link for VANIR.

Also My last post wasn't a question lol. It was a statement. That's how I Rooted my phone. I didn't feel like using odin more than once.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
updated op in post #8
added [ROM] VanirAOSP[unofficial] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast.
thanks to
:adore:VivisClone for putting his phone on the line and being the first (that i know of) to test an AOSP rom on a Boost phone... i would now think that all AOSP roms (at least Sprint's as of now) will work on Boost :D ... and most like CM and AOKP ROMs should be fine too :D:D:D

ps. still need to know if sms/mms work or if we need the apn fix

Upvote 0
updated op in post #8
added [ROM] VanirAOSP[unofficial] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast.
thanks to
:adore:VivisClone for putting his phone on the line and being the first (that i know of) to test an AOSP rom on a Boost phone... i would now think that all AOSP roms (at least Sprint's as of now) will work on Boost :D ... and most like CM and AOKP ROMs should be fine too :D:D:D

ps. still need to know if sms/mms work or if we need the apn fix

VANIR update. Could be linux being weird but when connected to it, I am unable to access the phone via USB. Also before using APN fix it appeared as sprint. Flashed APN fix now says boost mobile. Not much more checked than that should have more soon.

Edit: So everyone knows that after installing GAPPS on this ROM you will have it try to "Activate" your phone. End the call it makes and say skip activation.

It is not necessary once you have already activated your BOOST MOBILE (Emphasis cause it's all i know about).

Also @smith058 has your Philz said to update to the latest binary when flashing?

Upvote 0
Update: Camera an Haptic feeback still isn't working. Its an AOSP problem. Also cant get the "Multi-task" button to register. Its real quick an smooth though for everything else. Makes me wish it was complete...

Edit: http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/klte/

That is actually the link to the latest. In the URL added to OP that i provided it doesn't contain the latest version nor does it's vanirupdater find the latest versions. Will test latest momentarily. WIll update

EDIT: Update: Well after a clean flash and a dirty flash, the latest version fixes Haptic, still no camera, and for some reason recents button is non-responsive. Going back to MOAR for now. Will check in one Vanir occasionally.

Trying to hepll out as much as I can here but I don't know how to fix Vanir, really wish I did though

Upvote 0
updated op in post #9
added Sprint's Stock NE5 Modem/Kernel/ROM.
thanks to
adore.gif
jonmspaz for putting his phone on the line and being the first (that i know of) to test sprints Odin updates on a Boost phone...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, I went ahead and did it. Baseband didnt update first go around so I wiped cache/reset and im on NE5 baseband. Tried to flash apn fix but it said failed, data and everything works fine anyway. No dice on wifi calling though, i dont have the option for it.

here is the FULL Oficcial Firmware (sprint's) if you want to give it onother try to get wifi calling...
Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

Upvote 0
... Just going to move on to other roms and tests though...

since your in the flash-a-holic mood... here is a list of Sprint roms that sould work :D

Upvote 0
SlimKat ([Rom] [Unofficial]Slim Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [21.06.14] - XDA Forum) works as well I find that AOSP/AOKP will require the APN fix. Vanir and Slimkat have both had Haptic but no camera. Slimkat recognized my recents button though.

So there's my update on that.

edit: I find this to my preferred rom out of the box so far. But Camera is sort of a harsh thing for me. Once it's fixed, I'll definitely be running it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: jonmspaz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones