Small but annoying messaging problem

Last Updated:

1. ashley_90

ashley_90 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi to everyone on the forum.

I have no idea what has happened, or what I have done, but now whenever I go to compose a text message my Hero types all the letters in CAPITALS.

I know how to change the letters from non-capitals, and it is not changing anything...all I can do is change it to all lowercase or all capitals. So when I want to start a letter with a capital first letter im having to switch modes just to do it!!

Before, I did experience a same problem with the phone not registering the lower and upper case properly when begginning a text, sometimes I would have to let the messaging app load for about 20 seconds for it to type correctly.

Very annoying as I use the phone for Business so its important that I get it sorted!

Anyone had a similar problem?

I really like this phone, but there seems to be an awful lot of things that are wrong with it. I guess we cant complain as its such a customizable phone so there's bound to be bugs...

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the AF Froums!

Do you use the default text messaging app, or are you using chompSMS or Handcent?

3. ashley_90

ashley_90 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, had some problems with internet yesterday and couldn't reply.

I do use the default messaging app yes. I would use a different one but isn't it true that you cant delete the default one? So I would be getting two messages everytime a text comes through, one for the default and one for the other. Plus im not very keen on messing around with a 3rd party messaging app as I dont trust that I will always get my messages through.:eek:

4. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I also like to use the stock messaging app but if you did use another you can stop getting 2 sets of messages by unchecking notifications in the stock messenging app.

As far as the capitals go sorry no idea...have you tried turning phone off and on?