• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small pictures using native text messaging app

AMTrombley0924

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
California
When my gf sends me pictures to me via the stock Google messaging app on her G2, I receive such small low res versions of them. When I save them to my phone, it does not improve. Is it a limitation due to differing carriers, a messaging setting or what?

I also recall that when I send pictures to certain people (I haven't attempted to notice a pattern as to carriers, manufacturers, etc), the messaging app tells me that it will re size the picture. I am thinking that this is the same issue.

Receiving pic messages from certain people will be fine (I get high res shots) and from others (my gf is the example) this happens. I know it's not her camera, because I made sure she was taking high quality shots, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Could it be a size limit for attachments that I can adjust?

I would just like to receive full sized pictures when people send them to me, so how do I resolve this?

Thanks for the help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones