• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Smart Actions for Wi-Fi On/Off

I still haven't figured out why, but it actually requires Wi-fi be on to determine your location.

Set up a smart action while you have wi-fi on that has a location trigger. Then go turn off wi-fi and go back into Smart Actions. You'll have an error, and if you click on the rule it will show the error as the location. If you click on that, it will show "Wi-Fi must be ON for the Location trigger to accurately detect where you are located." If you turn wi-fi back on, the rule will work again.

Upvote 0
I use Y5 Battery saver. It will go on automatically when it recognizes the networks you want and it turns wi-fi off when you get out of range.

+1 for Y5 Battery saver. Been using it for about 2 years, and remembers all my preferred wifi spots that I frequent: inlaw's house, friends house, airports, grocery store, home depot, work...

All 'remembered' and seamless behind the scenes. Very nice, and does exactly what the OP is describing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones