Smart alarm?Support

Last Updated:

1. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The one time I actually had the "Smart alarm" function checked for my daily alarm, the alarm never went off. I have my alarm set for 6:20am, with 1 ten min snooze. After un-checking Smart alarm, the alarm functioned just fine.

According to the manual (p.142):
    So... the alarm senses movement? I'm totally lost on this one. The only worthwhile Google search result I got says that:
    Ok.... but what about the whole accelerometer thing? I also searched in the Galaxy S forum for an answer, but came up with not a single thread on this.

Has anyone else used this feature with any luck? Care to share some wisdom?

*Edit - just found this, but again, no discussion of having to put it on your bed. But if you look at the promo vid (youtube/watch?v=dTQVRCC8xiA), you can see that the dood clearly has the phone on the bed next to him...

Advertisement
  2. Mugzee18

Mugzee18 Member

hey T ready, you replied to my alarm issues in my other thread. I actually had this go off on me this morning, it was actually pretty pleasant to wake up to. It started about 5 min early before your set alarm, started off low and i remember it getting louder. I was not aware you had to place it on the bed, as my phone sits on my desk next to my bed. Either way, it still went off, unlike my alarm after pushing snooze.

Anything in the manual regarding snooze settings?

3. t-readyroc

You can find the link to the manual in this thread. Guess I'll maybe have to try the Smart alarm again tomorrow morning & see what happens....

4. BlueCalx

BlueCalx Member

I woke up to the 'smart alarm' this morning - how nice!

my question though, is this - Is there a way to 'snooze' the smart alarm? When it goes off and there's the nice picture of the sun rising on the screen, there's only a 'turn off' alarm button, no 'snooze' button.

Do you have to wait for the smart alarm to stop, then wait for the regular alarm to go off before hitting snooze?

The manual barely touches on smart alarm and doesn't mention snooze with it...

5. t-readyroc

I just figured this out for sure this morning myself. Basically, if you use the smart alarm, you have to let it run its course. Only once the regular alarm starts do you get the choice of snooze (at least in my limited experience, anyway). So the solution (for me) is to set the smart alarm duration to the shortest amt of time (3min) & turn its volume down lower.

6. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

I think the whole idea for the smart alarm is that it wakes you up slowly so you don't feel like you have to use the snooze button.

7. ajerman

ajerman Active Member

It is. It's supposed to track your body movements so it doesn't wake you up in a deep sleep if possible. It'll try to wake you up when you're rolling around so it suspects you're sleeping lighter and being awoken won't be such a shock. Didn't know it was built into this phone, I used to use an app for it on the iPhone. Gonna try this out.

8. ilusv

ilusv Well-Known Member

found it thx....(ignore below) its with in the initial setup of the alarm. for newbies like me :D

------------------
    I can't seem to find that feature, the online instructions state the following:
    Touch Applications > Alarm & Clocks

I set the regular alarm just fine under Clock. What am I missing? it doesn't sound like an app. that i need to download.

thx-

9. anike

anike New Member

Hmm... this whole motion sensor thing sounds very interesting. One problem: my cat likes to sleep on my bed, and she moves around all night long. I wonder if smart alarm can distinguish between human and feline movements... :confused: