Smart AlarmSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidChickk

DroidChickk New Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having issues with the Smart Alarm feature? Everytime I go select it, it lets me check smart alarm, and pick the duration I want (5 mins) and then the sound I want (breeze) but it still plays the regular alarm melody everytime- even though I can physically see that smart alarm is checked. Is this a bug?

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure this Smart Alarm thing out myself. Have you tried setting it to a larger time than five minutes? I do have a guess, though.

Say you set your alarm at 9am, with the smart alarm set at 5 minutes. So from 8:55 to 9 the phone will be waiting to detect you moving, to wake you up at that point. But since it has only five minutes to do so, it may not be triggered, in which case the normal alarm takes over. But perhaps someone knows more about this and says I'm completely wrong lol.

3. Konos

Konos Well-Known Member

I don't think the fascinate's built in Smart alarm depends on motion of any kind. I really enjoy this feature actually and maybe it's all in my mind but feel that on days I wake up with this feature it feels a lot easier to get up and start my day.

What the smart alarm does for me is I set an alarm...say for 7am. If I don't check the smart alarm it wakes me up at 7 as usual.

With smart alarm enabled...say 5 minutes before. then at 6:55 whatever soft wake-up sound (forest, mist rain, etc.) will start to play, starting out very soft and gradually getting louder over the 5 mins. If I happen to wake up, i disable the alarm and it's done it's job. However if I"m too deep in sleep and I don't notice the gradual soft wakeup at 7am the usual loud alarm goes into effect.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the alarm not working.... I know at the beginning it wouldn't work for me when i was first testing it. because I set the alarm for 1 minute out and the alarm needs to be at least 4mins (with the 3min smart alarm) or 6 mins (with the 5min smart alarm). maybe you should try disabling snooze or other extras to see if that does something?